Skin Care Tips During Fasting:
Many people are fasting during this hour because this is the holy month of Ramadan or because of the popularity of intermittent fasting which can help to burn some calories. Whatever the reason is, many of us feel tired because of fasting for a long time. We forget to take care of our skin before or after fasting.
But you must know that the sudden change in your dietary habits, altogether with a longer period of fasting can have a bad effect on your skin if you do not take proper care of it.
A proper skincare regime is vital to avert any breakouts, dull looking skin and lastly dry patches. How can you take care of your skin when you are fasting?
• As usual, you need to follow the four simple rules:
-moisturize your skin!
The main idea is you need to remove dead skin cells caused by the lack of water intake. Most importantly, you need to bring back the skin’s natural mineral levels. At the same time, you will have to balance the skin’s oil production. In this way, your skin will have a rejuvenated look.
Before cleaning your face, pour a little volume of toner on a cotton ball. Rub it all over your skin to eliminate the impurities that were piling of on your skin and block the pores. Then, you can clean your skin using a cleanser which is appropriate for your skin. While you are observing fast, exfoliating is a must. You can use any scrubs or flour mixed with water to exfoliate your skin and eliminate the dead cells.
• While fasting for a longer period of time, the skin cells of our body dehydrate. So it is a major task to make sure that you rehydrate properly after breaking your fast.
• After you break your fast, remember to drink at least eight glasses of water. On addition to this, you need to drink fresh fruit juices as well as other fluids. Consuming fruit juices will supply your body with vitamins and mineral which are essential to also improve the texture and complexion of your body in order to give you a smooth glowing skin.
Fact: The human body only absorbs 50 percent to 60 percent of fruit juice, whereas it absorbs about 20 percent to 30 percent of sodas.
• Nothing can be equated to healthy eating! There are many different types of foods that can actually assist to repair the dehydrated skin. For example, cashew nuts or almonds are packed with healthy fibers, fatty acids and proteins. These nutrients maintain your skin’s glow.
More examples of foods which are best for repairing your skin are:
Proteins are ideal for repairing your skins that have suffered from free radical damage. So to stop aging and repair the damaged skin cells, intake your protein intake.
• Fruits, for example, strawberries and blueberries are enriched with anti-oxidants. Antioxidants are well known for their positive impact on healthy skin. Besides consuming these foods, you can choose dates as well. Dates have a great source of:
This all minerals promote optimum skin health.
After breaking your fast, try to eat Apricots. They aid in the digestion process. When you have no problem in digesting foods, then your stomach stays healthy and you tend to have a normal bowel movement.