You may be thinking “turkey meatballs”? That is made without using egg? It is impossible.
Many products are made with eggs, but this eggs product do not good for all of us. There have some food allergies, sometimes we don’t feel comfortable eating out some foods. Turkey meatballs are very tasty, low in carb and high protein snacks. This is a perfect recipe for holiday parties,
Turkey meatball is very healthy and easy to make. These healthy turkey meatballs are delicious, juicy, gluten-free and perfect dinner option. Making any kind of meatball is easy but make it without egg is quite challenging. Without the egg, meatball becomes too dry and break when cooking.
It is super easy to make turkey meatballs without eggs, you just need to replace the eggs with another thing. I am excited to share the meatball recipe with you. Rice, some mashed potatoes, and of course over some noodles are perfect for making turkey meatballs without eggs. These healthy turkey meatballs are bursting with fresh flavor.
Tips for Making Healthy Turkey Meatballs
- Make a full batch of meatball, you can freeze it for a long time. Freeze it perfectly in a zip lock bag, it will make easier to eat meatballs. You just need to defrost it and fry it in deep fry oil.
- Use fresh herb for fresh flavor. You can use dried herb but the fresh herb is better than dried herb for the flavor. The fresh herbs like parsley, basil take the flavors to a different level. Use fresh parsley and cheese it will keep your meatball moisture.
- Use these low carb turkey meatballs over rice, salad or plain. There is no wrong way to enjoy with your family get together party.
- The taste of turkey meatballs without eggs are great, it becomes tastier when cooking them in the sauce after baking them. These meatballs are so delicious, yummy when cooking low and slow.
How to Serve Meatball
There have many ways to serve these low carb turkey meatballs.
- I usually serve this meatball top of the rice and with the mixed noodles. My baby love to enjoy it with the pasta, spaghetti noodles and plain any kind of meatball.
- The meatball sandwich is favorite for every family members, use french bread as a base and add turkey meatballs with lots of marinara sauce and cheese.
- Turkey meatball perfect for making meatball sliders like cookies, it is so delicious and easy appetizer recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions about Turkey Meatballs
Are meatballs healthy for you?
Turkey is the rich source of protein, nutrients, and also contains iron, zinc, potassium, and phosphorus, vitamin B6 and niacin, which are very important elements for our health. Skinless turkey meats are low in fat. If you consume the right amount of turkey regularly, it helps lower cholesterol levels and keeps insulin levels stable.
How long do I need to bake turkey meatball?
This low carb turkey meatballs are easy to make and a yummy recipe. I found that it takes not more than 17-20 minutes for perfectly baked. You can serve it or make it in a different shape but still moist and very delicious.
How much temperature do you need to cook meatball?
Turkey meatballs are more delicious when you cook in low and slow. The turkey meatball without egg cook until all sides become brown or when they reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
What is the substitute of soya sauce?
You can use tamari as the replacement of soya sauce, you can find the soya sauce in the most store near to your house or any super shop.
How long are leftover meatballs good for health?
You can keep frozen turkey meatballs for 3-5 days, but make sure that you store it in an airtight container or zip pack in the refrigerator.
Do you use breadcrumbs in the turkey meatballs?
I always try to use breadcrumbs in my turkey meatball, it helps to keep the meatball moist and tastier.
How to Make Turkey Meatballs without Eggs?
This is an easy and friendly-budget recipe that the whole family will enjoy. You can make a big batch of these and freeze half of it for another dinner or snack. This is perfect for eating, just with a sprinkle of salt or pepper.
Here is the recipe of low carb turkey meatballs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mashed potato
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound lean turkey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper according to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a medium heat, combine the chopped onions, chopped red bell pepper, lean ground turkey, mashed potato, tamari sauce, salt, pepper and mixed it well. Keep mixing until all the ingredients mixed well.
- Roll the mixture into balls
- Take a fry pan and heat olive oil over medium-high heat, now add the meatball and saute about 5 minutes or until browned all side.
- Transfer to another casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Place the chicken broth, tamari, coconut sugar, honey, ground ginger, chopped red pepper, and garlic in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce over the finished meatball and top with green onion. Now you can serve with rice or insert toothpicks for an easy appetizer.
Healthy Turkey Meatballs are a nutritious and a classic Italian dish. It is such a lean protein and different type of recipe. I love this turkey meatball, it is so versatile. It is not only easy to make but also very healthy and tasty. You can make with just meat and veggies, the fresh herb gives a fresh flavor. These meatballs are full of flavor, you can serve it as you wish. If you like fancy, you can decor it with chopped parsley and basil. Sometimes we like to serve them plain with sauce on the side or top of the rice, noodles or pasta.